Ripoff Killeen Maaco- Don't go there!
Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to my car noticed paint dust in multiple places in my car to include handprints on my leather seats. Upon the next day review of the paint job noticed lots of imperfections.
Every single line and corner on my stripe paint job was jagged and choppy; the paint was not pressed down under clear coat and could feel paint; tape residue, smeared paint, and dirt in multiple places under clear coat; clear coat wasn't thick enough on spoiler and there was holes in clear coat there; clear coat was dripped over the entire length of my car and in my window track which a month later still haven't gotten all of it out;they oversprayed paint on my windshield wiper fluid sprayers; they left unremovable residue on my taillights which now have to be replaced; they scratched a 2-3" inch scratch on my front right passenger side; and misaligned the stripes on my spoiler to my trunk.
After speaking with owner Jim Miller, he told me that the paint job want going to be perfect and defended their work saying that they did it hos they always do and used the same tape as always. Owner acted very unsympathetic and rude before eventually offering to repair. Said that I might try for Monday for repair if I can be out of a car for another 5 days. Called Maaco in Waco to see what they would do and they told me that they don't even paint stripes and could not help me.Spoke with 2 other auto paint and detail professionals in temple who said that what Maaco did was not fixable; they said I would see the lines and be able to feel them; this paint job was not fixable over my manufacture paint esp with trying to widen the pinstripe and stripe lines they messed up to fix the mistake. Opted to fix at location other than Maaco in 3 days time and my paint turned out flawless bc they had to repaint the whole hood, trunk, and spoiler!
Put a complaint in to Maaco corporate, spoke with owner again to reason with him but received the same treatment as before with unsympathetic and egotistical attitude. Even though I explained to him about how unprofessional the job was, how unsatisfied I was, and that other detailers said what they did was unfixable the way Maaco wanted to do it, he still refused to.acknowledge anything was unprofessional and stated that I should have gotten it fixed at Maaco. Tried to get even a miniscule amount of money back to fix my scratch and taillights but he refused. Obviously this man's (Jim Miller) reputation isn't as important as money!
After going back and forth to the Killen location, corporate told me that the owner has the last say and that I would not be refunded anything for my loss. Corporate fail, what good are they if they don't help customers?! Took me $900 to fix their $750 mistake...overall a $1650 mistake for letting them touch my car! Don't go here, it is a ripoff. Go to a detailed who actually does detail for a living!!! RIPOFF!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Maaco Paint
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "My new 2014 kia soul has glue leaking from the hatch and down onto my bumper, and now it stained my bumper. I went to the dealership and they..."
- "Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post> incompetent and I had an awful experience there. dba. www.watersportsunlimitedtx.com >> Marine service in PrincetonWhere do I begin?... How pissed do you..."
- "This place is so unclean. Had dirty marks all over. The door looked like it was just broken into. No chain lock. I tried to give the room..."
- "Let me just start by stating...I am a real customer..i'm in no way affiliated with Morgage Investors Corporation except through my VA Hybrid Refi with them. I truly understand the..."
- "I attempted to order online on Wed, Dec 17, 2014 @ 9:40p and it would not let me place an order, so I called the store to place the order..."
- "Hi, i got a thong sandal from chanel NY in dec 2014, within a week i wore it once and the c's in both feet broke , called the..."
- "We booked using the rapid points, but when we got there the room was filthy, the chairs were stained . The lamp shade was stained, the sink was stained, and..."
- "This is a non-refundable company. My first order & I received an already opened & partially used container of blessed out body sugar scrub! Inexcusable! ..."