Ripoff Killeen Maaco- Don't go there!

51 of 397 Maaco Reviews
Aug 26, 2013
review #443126

Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to my car noticed paint dust in multiple places in my car to include handprints on my leather seats. Upon the next day review of the paint job noticed lots of imperfections.

Every single line and corner on my stripe paint job was jagged and choppy; the paint was not pressed down under clear coat and could feel paint; tape residue, smeared paint, and dirt in multiple places under clear coat; clear coat wasn't thick enough on spoiler and there was holes in clear coat there; clear coat was dripped over the entire length of my car and in my window track which a month later still haven't gotten all of it out;they oversprayed paint on my windshield wiper fluid sprayers;  they left unremovable residue on my taillights which now have to be replaced;  they scratched a 2-3" inch scratch on my front right passenger side; and misaligned the stripes on my spoiler to my trunk.

After speaking with owner Jim Miller, he told me that the paint job want going to be perfect and defended  their work saying that they did it hos they always do and used the same tape as always.  Owner acted very unsympathetic and rude before eventually offering to repair.  Said that I might try for Monday for repair if I can be out of a car for another 5 days. Called Maaco in Waco to see what they would do and they told me that they don't even paint stripes and could not help me.Spoke with 2 other auto paint and detail professionals in temple who said that what Maaco did was not fixable;  they said I would see the lines and be able to feel them; this paint job was not fixable over my manufacture paint esp with trying to widen the pinstripe and stripe lines they messed up to fix the mistake.  Opted to fix at location other than Maaco  in 3 days time and my paint turned out flawless bc they had to repaint the whole hood, trunk, and spoiler!

Put a complaint in to Maaco corporate, spoke with owner again to reason with him but received the same treatment as before with unsympathetic and egotistical attitude. Even though I explained to him about how unprofessional the job was, how unsatisfied I was, and that other detailers said what they did was unfixable the way Maaco wanted to do it, he still refused to.acknowledge anything was unprofessional and stated that I should have gotten it fixed at Maaco. Tried to get even a miniscule amount of money back to fix my scratch and taillights but he refused.  Obviously this man's (Jim Miller) reputation isn't as important as money!

After going back and forth to the Killen location, corporate told me that the owner has the last say and that I would not be refunded anything for my loss. Corporate fail, what good are they if they don't help customers?! Took me $900 to fix their $750 mistake...overall a $1650 mistake for letting them touch my car! Don't go here, it is a ripoff. Go to a detailed who actually does detail for a living!!! RIPOFF!!

a9eef15
Had an experience with MAACO?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
51 of 397 Maaco Reviews
bayraider

Aug 28, 2013 Marshall, Texas

I feel bad for ya , but listen up , you get what ya pay for, should of checked out a custom shop first and paid them $2000.00 to do it right the first time, even after you paid somebody $900, I bet ya it still looks like ***. :cry

1 1 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about MAACO.
Filing a new complaint about
×