56 views
Verified Reviewer

1.5

Posting for my husband: Really disappointed I brought my 2012 Challenger to Maaco for driver side front fender repair back in November of 2019 after having my vehicle for almost 2 months I got the call that my vehicle was ready for pickup. so I turned in my rental car that the insurance company had provided me while my vehicle was being repaired and headed over to Maaco to pick up my Challenger I get there to find not only a terrible repair job but they hadn't even realigned my hood, the color was off and there was over spray on my weather stripping the fender did not align with the hood nor did it align with the door also it was not bolted tightly enough, and was loose enough you could grab and shake it when i questioned them about it I was told it was because it was an aftermarket fender, and was told that it would not align correctly due to it being aftermarket.

I was asked if I still had my rental car so they could keep my car and reattempt to repair it I told them that I had turned the rental car back in and I needed to get back and forth to work so they instructed me to bring it back in 2 weeks.I called and spoke with the insurance company and was told that macco was supposed to call them if something did not align or would not fit so they could do a supplement and pay for and order the part that would fit correctly macco did not do this instead they decided to just put the fender on even though they saw and realized that it would not go back to its previous specifications there was also a check engine light that came on after my vehicle was hit that was supposed to be fixed and cleared when I asked Maaco why this hadn't been taken care of they told me that the particular part which was a cylinder head was on recall and I could take it to any place and get it taken care of under warranty. Which didn't sound right so I called the auto repair shop that they took it to and was told that particular part was on backorder and that was the only reason they did not repair it that day so I have no idea why maaco would tell me it was on recall and I could take it anytime to get it fixed.

Fast forward 2 weeks later I take my car back to Maaco so they can redo the repairs and they keep the car for a week which left me without a vehicle because I had already turned in my rental car and maaco did not offer to get me one. I received a call saying that my vehicle is ready I get there and the fender is still not aligned correctly at this point they tell me this is the best they can get it because it's an aftermarket fender I also notice that there are burn marks in my paint on my hood and on the passenger side fender as well as my stripe on the hood I question them about it and they admit they caused the damage and tell me that they will fix everything several days later a crack forms in my windshield starting from where the fender bolts up I called them and they also accepted claim for that it took several weeks for them to get back with me on when I could bring my vehicle in to get everything taken care of due to it having to go through their regional manager is what I was told they finally give me a date to bring it back and get everything done I tell them I'm going to need a rental car while they have my car doing repairs which is going to take anywhere from two to three weeks to do the manager tells me that she'll have to talk to the regional manager first which takes another week and me calling everyday, when she finally tells me that the regional manager has agreed to fix everything but he will not cover my rental I tell her that the fender has to be replaced anyway due to it not fitting and there are additional repairs that have to be done now due to them damaging my hood and passenger fender so why would they not pay for a rental considering they caused this whole ordeal to which she tells me it's out of her hands and I'll have to call corporate at this time I am still waiting to speak to corporate or the regional manager about this situation.I've been very patient and I feel like maaco is taking my kindness for weakness.

User's recommendation: Anywhere but Maaco.

Product or Service Mentioned: Maaco Repair.

MAACO Pros: People seemed nice.

MAACO Cons: Dishonest very poor quality work, Customer care, Caused additional damage, Had car for more than 2 months.

Location: 9607 E 54Th St, Tulsa, OK 74145