Disappointed in Maaco Body and Paint in Pearl City, HI
1. Although I was charged $1,000 for 18 hours of labor for body work, the salesman (Allen) said that they did more than was required on the bodywork. When I said that one guy worked on it for a day (less than 8 hours), he said, "we pay them for what they do, not how long they work."
2. When I pointed out the slight waves in the reflection off the car, he said, "this is normal" and all of their paint jobs look have waves. He said that they even did a better job on my car because they used 600 sand paper instead of the usual 300.
3. Another quote…"We are a production shop and not a detail shop so we don't do the same work as them." He actually stated, "a good paint job would cost more than $5,000, so you get what you pay for."
4. When I pointed out something that was sticking out of the paint on the hood he said, "it is lent, lint gets in the paint, this is normal." In other words, DIRT in the paint is normal!
5. When I pointed out the overspray that looked like *** on the step that runs the length of the door that is under the door when closed. He said, "I told you that there would be overspray on the door jams" and "it would have cost an additional $250 for those to be done." I should have asked him what specific parts of the door jam he was talking about because I would have gladly paid the difference for what it looks like now every time I open the door.
6. When I pointed out the few small chips that were still in the car, he stated that he had told me that they would not be able to get all the chips out and may miss some. To be truthful, yes, I remember him saying that.
7. I had to sign a waiver saying they would not be responsible for the paint cracking and the warranty would not apply to that because the prior paint job (the one they were painting over might crack and they could not be responsible for that.
8. Finally, he stated that the car looks so much better than when I brought it in. Yes, it does look better, I just wish it looked $2,000 better which is what I spent ($1,000 for scratches and small dents, $1,000 for paint).
Review about: Maaco Painting.