I took my 1998 Honda Civic to Maaco Auto body in Garwood NJ on 2/29/08 to repaint my vehicle. I picked up the vehicle on 3/7/08 on a rainy day so I was not able to check out the vehicle for any defects.

The following day it stopped raining and i was able to inspect the vehicle for any flaws. Upon inspection i noticed scratches, missing paint on front bumper, dings, paint drip on rear spoiler and back bumper. I returned the vehicle on 3/10/08 to repair all flaws. I picked up the car on 3/14/08 and the only thing that was done was the front bumper.

They never touched the rear bumper, spoiler and scratches like the were suppose to. I returned the vehicle on 3/31/08 to have the rear bumper and spoiler re-painted and scratches buffed out. I picked up the car on 4/2/08 and the rear bumper now had paint drips on other areas, the spoiler was never repainted only touched up, i was promised that it would be repainted. They have been rude and nonresponsive to my problems.

They called my "petty" when i pointed out the problems that need to repaired and said they were done with me after this last repair. I paid them in full and now that they have their money they dont want to help me. I need help in getting this problem fixed. i will be dropping of the vehicle once again today 4/3/08 to once again have the repairs done.

I have losted a total of 3 days of work because of this ordeal. Dont take ur vehicle to a maaco. they do shady work.

STAY AWAY!!!!!

Review about: Maaco Repair.

Comments

I used to paint car 10 years ago. I know when a job is good, fair, bad and very bad.

I think, guys in maaco are proffesional painters, who lost thier passion in what they do. which turn them to be cheap laborer who get used to a very bad job.

I had my Toyota SUV painted the bumber... the result; mismatch color, dripping pain marks, lots of dust particle and rough particle. I was ask to pay $860.00. If I bought my own compressor and spray gun.

I can do a better job. DO not trust MAACO down 5625 Bellaire Blrd, Houston,TX and MAACO in 1500 West Polk Avenue Pharr,TX

These people are unproffesional. The Mexican can do a better job.

David Santarin

Asian

I took my MINI Cooper S in to Maaco. I picked it up and it was still wet from cleaning.

I wiped off some spots and saw dust and tape on the car. The day after I found many more issues. They hadn't even taken off the plastic parts before painting. They scratched my spoiler while preparing for painting, they cuff my rubber seals around the window.

My car is worth less now that before.

Does anyone have a good recommendation on what to do now? Thanks much!

The MAACO in maine is a bunch of scam artists, they lie about how much it will cost have advertised specials and then lie and tell you they have no specials!

the maaco in omaha ne on 73rd is run by crooks who charge for services that the dont do,thats down right illegal

Maaco, Maaco

their customer service is so so

but their paint jobs are much worse though

and though their prices are on the low low

you still end up paying alot of dough dough for a repair and repaint job that was obviously done by a yo yo an unprofessional MOFO

Maaco this and Maaco that

real professionals is what they lack

Maaco this and Maaco that

they painted my car brown when it should have been painted black

Maaco this and Maaco that

they didn't even offer to give any of my money back

Maaco this and Maaco that

maaco is the equivalent to tooth plaque(just stinky)

Maaco this and Maaco that

all their shops are knick knack patty WACK!!

Maaco this and Maaco that

their work is about as s h i t t y as a homeless person's a s s crack ( mighty s h i t t y)

Maaco this and Maaco that

people face the facts,real professionals is what they lack

P.S. A cheap price doesn't justify a rushed and unprofessional job, but I guess the people at Maaco seem to think so. If that's the case, why go there at all?

:roll

you talking about a 1998 hooptee,what more you want,them guys cant do miracles,you have taken it to the junk yard ainstead of maaco.you fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry :cry :cry :cry

:cry :cry :cry :cry :( :? :cry :? :cry :? :cry :cry :x :x :upset :upset :upset :upset :cry :upset

I took my '99 Camry to the same shop in late 2008 and got a superb repair and paint job at half the price of local body shops. A year later, the paint was still fully intact.

I checked BBB and they've had only 2 complaints about this shop in the past 3 years, both of which we listed as "resolved"---a rather good record!

I believe you're either an exception, or just too demanding. For the price you're paying, you can't expect a factory paint job!

I took my 1999 Toyota to Maaco in June 2009 located at 31-02 Northern Blvd.,Long Island City, NY 11101-2818 and I have to say that my car looked factory new when it was done. They changed the color from champayne to black, fixed the front bumper, added a Toyota emblem which was missing in the front, fixed dents, added rubber bumper protector strips to the front and back for a total of $1,460.00.

Other shops would have charged at least $3,000 just to repaint the entire car in another color. I highly recommend this Maaco.

The people are nice and work hard to do quality work. You will not be disappointed.

As an ex Maaco store manager - I can tell you that people only go to a Maaco store because of the price. Any *** that thinks they can get a complete paint job for $299 is kidding themselves.

We did really nice quality at my store, but there would always be some clown looking at their car like they were at the Mercedes dealer. Please go away losers.

I went to macco in aston Pennsylvania and had my back and front bumper fixed and painted two days after i went there i noticed that my paint was chipping and coming off and the fron bumper was loose and not properly mounted correctly. SO i went back the owner told me to come back and he would fix it i went back he told me to come back in a month so I did, when i went there he told me to come back again and he would fit me in so this went on for about 5-6 months finally i went back and there was a new owner who told me he would fix my car, so i drop off my car there and i go away for a week to mexico i get an email saying my car was in an accident when in fact is was not ever with the exception of before my car went in. So now i have a car with a loose bumper chipping paint and damaged bumber and 1500 dollars short now from my pocket therfore i say to you DO NOT GOTO MACCO IN ASTON

Sulzbach, Saarland, Germany #54974

Guess what you'll get cheap skate results. Once i visited one of this so called budget paint and body, first i asked to see other cars already finished ready to go, what i saw was nothing less than atrocious. Don't be afraid to ask and be willing to pay more to get pleasing results.

From working at a professional shop, rule of thumb is, you get what you pay for. If you want cheap from maaco then of course your NOT going to get quality!

A decent paint job should cost at least 1,000 and up. the easiest way to save money is to do the prep yourself (IF) you know what your doing! and then buy a good quality paint (PPG brand) etc.

and get a shop to paint it for you. no they will not guarantee it but if you prep'd it properly there's no need for it as it should last a long time.

Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States #17299

The website is as follows: www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/danieljbailey

Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States #17298

All of you guys that feel you have been treated unfairly need to take a look at this website for help. No matter how much you pay you should get great service if the person knows what they are doing.

Providence Forge, Virginia, United States #16198

keep taking your car there... over and over and over again.

Bad customer service can happen in any garage or any business for that matter. I chedke out the prices.... in central NJ where this Garwood Maaco is, the bottom of the line paint job will cost me $1200. Maaco charges $250 base plus extras so when your done - maybe $600 tops.

HALF.

so expect what you pay for. Take that 98 low rider buzz pipe hooptee mobile to Maaco and have the nerve to complain about drips?

Providence, Rhode Island, United States #8591

Yes, PAINTING IN N.J. ...because obviously Maaco hires people to come onto this website and hunt you down if you complain about them.

And then if you complain they give you a crappy paint job. It's really a huge conspiracy.

Louisville, Ohio, United States #7198

DON'T you think it would have been a better idea to post this after they didn't have your car anymore