Last week I brought my car to the Maaco at 7229 S. Hulen StreetFort Worth, TX 76133-6618 Phone: (817)263-6398. I specifically told them I had been hit and the estimate was for an insurance claim. They did an estimate, but the insurance company thought it was high so they sent an adjuster to look at my car. The adjuster gave me 2 copies of her estimate and I brought the car back to Maaco to get it repaired with the copy of the adjusters estimate. I asked if they (Maaco) could do the work for the new price. The Maaco employee (Chad) said that they would deal with the insurance company and not to worry about it. Then he clipped it to a blank work order and had me sign it.
I received a call that my car was ready today and he said "by the way, how do you start your car? We've been having to push it around the shop to work on it." I told him that if they had a problem he should have called me and I would have come and taken care of it. When I went to check the car over the key was bent, the automatic transmission had been manually released and the cover missing, the steering lock and ignition lock were both broken and I could not start the car or even turn the key.
I refused to pay for a damaged car and attempted to leave (on foot) and the owner (Mark) ordered Chad to call the police. I told them I would not pay, but I was not going to leave with the car because it won't even start. They still insisted on having the police come. So I sat down and waited. The police could do nothing for them since this is a civil matter and asked what the charge on the car was. That's when I found out that the original estimate was what they were attempting to charge me. I asked about the adjusters estimate that I personally handed them on Friday and they said they didn't know what I was talking about and that I better pay because in three days they would start charging me storage fees. I then left on foot and walked home without my car.
I never threatened the Maaco employees or called them bad names. I only wanted the collision damage repaired and the rest of the car to be in the condition it was when I dropped it off. To be treated like this because Maaco damaged my car and to be called a liar by the franchise owner and an employee because they did not want to take responsibility for the damage is unacceptable. Then to have the police called on me when I was no threat to them is outrageous.
I sent a complaint to Maaco Corp. telling them that I would like to hear from them as soon as possible and attempt to avoid pursuing legal action.
However, at this time Maaco still has my vehicle, so I am without transportation.
Mr. Peter Wolf
Maaco Insurance Policy on their website:
Insurance Made Easy
Having an auto accident can be stressful, but Maaco helps take away the pain, and delivers you a car that has regained its original beauty, handling and performance.
Even though Maaco specializes in helping people with “out of pocket” pay arrangements, we also do lots of insurance work. We work with every major carrier, every day.
If making a claim is your best course of action, we’ll contact the insurance company and arrange for an appraiser to inspect your car. We’ll also arrange for a low-cost car rental. And most importantly, we’ll work with the insurer to get the repair done right. Your vehicle will handle as it did before the accident and maintain its value.
Making the entire process easy for you... It’s what we do.
Hah! What a joke!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Faulty Auto Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Perfect pitch, I was sold when I first came...but that's just about the highlight of it... Front bumper is flaking. Issue with repair date (limited to inconvenient days and have to..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "Even though I have a Corolla, I'm quite familiar with Lute Riley, as I've owned several Hondas in the past (and my wife has one now). So when my tire..."
- "I received a damaged item that was dead on arrival. It was a Christmas present to my son. The transmitter would not power up. I sent..."
- "I hired Simply The Best Entertainment to have a DJ for a teenage birthday party. Eric Symons, who said he was the owner, sent a 60 year old guy named..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Had purchaised a MKon 2.10.15 which the very next day wasnt working ! I went to ETHOS for replacement bcz i cant accept it which has stopped working the very next..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."