Maaco Botched my paint job, damaged my Jeep, took 3x as long, and magically offered me a lower price the day I picked it up, IF I PAID IN CASH.
Update added by user Jul 10, 2014
My apologies, it was the stabilizing link, not the tie rod.Maaco has paid for the replacement parts, repair, and repaiting.
As well as discounted me the original job.Skippy, hope a hurricane wipes out your house.
Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2014
So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that.This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a TERRIBLE job.
I asked them to repair 3 rust spots, they did, and it looked great. Thats where the positive comments end. The owner/sales staffer and I worked up a 1240$ Estimate including exterior paint, and UV coating, the 3 rust spots, and painting the cares exterior from Teal to Black. We agreed to remove the fender flares, and not reattach them, I would be buying new ones.
Well, they failed to remove the fender flares, the hood bumpers, the radio antenna base, the soft top door frame, the spare-tire, The light sockets, or any other protruding part to paint the car. They didn't even paint a consistent enough coat to fill in the Torque bolts on the hood, the seams in the hinges or any other MINOR crevice in the vehicle frame. They didn't even paint the Tail Gate hinges that they buffed down to the factory primer! ITS STILL BARE!!!
To make matters worse, I was told the job would take 5-7 business days. Well, 14 business days later after calling 4 times, and having 3 failed Maaco-self-identified deadlines, the car was done. Well, done the eye-sore I am now stuck with. The best part was when I called for the 3rd failed deadline, and the .
Then I figured it our, the 'piece-dé-resistancé'. THEY BROKE THE TIEING ROD OF MY CAR!!! I owned this Jeep for 4 days, drove it from the shop I bought it at, 17 miles home. Never drove it till I took it to Maaco, only used DEALER-TEMP plates, never even registered the car.
Then Drove it back from Maaco (A total 6 miles round trip). The *** tie rod is SEVERED. So, did Maaco take my car off roading for a week or 2 and thats why it was so late? I can only imagine.
Either way, its damaged. Then, I didn't want the car left their, so to get it back, the maaco-franchise-owner wanted payment, except the credit card machines were magically down. So at 1130 on a saturday morning (in a world where ALL banks close at 12noon on saturdays), I had to run to the next town over to find a branch to withdraw over 1000$, cause ATMs dont let you take out more than 500* unless you are at your home bank.
I DEMANDED an itemized receipt, and I am beyond disgusted.WHAT A CROOK!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Paint Job
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "Took my newly purchased 09 Mercedes Benz Gl 550 for some issues they were to address and my car was BEAT up! Dropped it off and when I picked it..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "I am very disapointed that you removed the cardboard from the packaging. The bottles dont stand up right they are crooked or just fall over. It is very embarrassing for..."
- "I can say I trust easily and always how for the best but my family member ended up involved bcecause they were buying the puppy for me as a Christmas..."
- "I was having a higher grade liner put into my 15 x 30 above ground pool because the pool was leaking from the bottom. This is what they found!..."
- "My newer home had severe hail damage this past July, lots of hail damage to roof and siding. I am still waiting for this to get resolved. Horrible..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "Do not purchase anything from buysquad!!!! They're very unprofessional and not on point. I purchased a 70 inch flatscreen from them and paid for the express delivery which should've had..."