Maaco Botched my paint job, damaged my Jeep, took 3x as long, and magically offered me a lower price the day I picked it up, IF I PAID IN CASH.
Update added by user Jul 10, 2014
My apologies, it was the stabilizing link, not the tie rod.Maaco has paid for the replacement parts, repair, and repaiting.
As well as discounted me the original job.Skippy, hope a hurricane wipes out your house.
Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2014
So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that.This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a TERRIBLE job.
I asked them to repair 3 rust spots, they did, and it looked great. Thats where the positive comments end. The owner/sales staffer and I worked up a 1240$ Estimate including exterior paint, and UV coating, the 3 rust spots, and painting the cares exterior from Teal to Black. We agreed to remove the fender flares, and not reattach them, I would be buying new ones.
Well, they failed to remove the fender flares, the hood bumpers, the radio antenna base, the soft top door frame, the spare-tire, The light sockets, or any other protruding part to paint the car. They didn't even paint a consistent enough coat to fill in the Torque bolts on the hood, the seams in the hinges or any other MINOR crevice in the vehicle frame. They didn't even paint the Tail Gate hinges that they buffed down to the factory primer! ITS STILL BARE!!!
To make matters worse, I was told the job would take 5-7 business days. Well, 14 business days later after calling 4 times, and having 3 failed Maaco-self-identified deadlines, the car was done. Well, done the eye-sore I am now stuck with. The best part was when I called for the 3rd failed deadline, and the .
Then I figured it our, the 'piece-dé-resistancé'. THEY BROKE THE TIEING ROD OF MY CAR!!! I owned this Jeep for 4 days, drove it from the shop I bought it at, 17 miles home. Never drove it till I took it to Maaco, only used DEALER-TEMP plates, never even registered the car.
Then Drove it back from Maaco (A total 6 miles round trip). The *** tie rod is SEVERED. So, did Maaco take my car off roading for a week or 2 and thats why it was so late? I can only imagine.
Either way, its damaged. Then, I didn't want the car left their, so to get it back, the maaco-franchise-owner wanted payment, except the credit card machines were magically down. So at 1130 on a saturday morning (in a world where ALL banks close at 12noon on saturdays), I had to run to the next town over to find a branch to withdraw over 1000$, cause ATMs dont let you take out more than 500* unless you are at your home bank.
I DEMANDED an itemized receipt, and I am beyond disgusted.WHAT A CROOK!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Paint Job
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "Had Hercules H-902 on a 5th wheel. Not overloaded, in fact, a very easy job for a tire that claims such a high working load. Then on a clean, dry..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "I can say I trust easily and always how for the best but my family member ended up involved bcecause they were buying the puppy for me as a Christmas..."
- "Purchased leather recliner from a furniture store (Knight Furniture) in North Carolina In 2005. For the first several years the only problem with the leather was that it faded..."
- "I was having a higher grade liner put into my 15 x 30 above ground pool because the pool was leaking from the bottom. This is what they found!..."