Maaco has no experience in the business

382 of 519 Maaco reviews

I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic si blue He told me about $670.00 For It plus the Hood. I couldn't believe the price was that cheap? I know for a paint job cost about 1,500 and up. I told Him you're not going paint over the original color are you. He said No If I painted Over the Original Paint and you took it to the car wash what do think it's going to happened the paint will come off that's what he told me I said are you going sand the whole car he said yes to the metal plus there was some dent on the car too there was going fix it too Everything for $ 670.00. I said to myself something is wrong why is everything Cheap.

The Dropped off the car on a Wednesday May 5 2010 he told me the car will be done on Tuesday May 11 2010. I drove by on a Friday May 8 2010 the car still sitting there hasn't been touched.

I went Tuesdays May 11 2010 to pick up my car because they told me it will be done. The car was not finished the excuse was they ordered the wrong hood for my civic. I said well is the civic painted he said NO that's the day they told me to come and pick up the car. I said when is the car going to be done he said Thursday so now it's more than a week.

Let's look that the Problems, Liars after Liars, Bad Customer service, No Experience in the Business. Let's continue the Story.

I went Thursday May 13 2010 to pick up the car unfortunately it's still not done I kept my cool. I was really pissed off. I asked them again when is my car going get painted he said the car will be done tomorrow I said what time he said around noon.

I went Friday May 14 2010 around 12:15 p.m pick up my the car. The car is still not done or painted he told me pick it up around 5:00 pm....how can a car be painted in 4 hours that's something I do not understand. I went 5:00 p.m to pick up the car it's still in the painted booth he said it will be done in 15 Minutes you can drive when it's done the car was paint they have not fix the dent or sand the whole car I can still see the original factory paint purple your going love this they paint over the rust oh my God are you kidding me.

I went back to them June 1 2010 I talked to the Manager No Experience I have no idea why they hired this guy talking all *** to me. I showed him all the problems with the car why they did a horrible job on my car. I told him is the car sand He yes...I said why do I see my original color thats purple plus you guys painted over the rust part I showed him. he didn't have an answer for me I also showed him they painted over door marrows with my tape over it. He said what you wanted me to do. I said I want my money back because I do not want you guys to touch my car you guys did a horrible job on my car. He said he's not going to give me my money.

I have did a research about this company I found horribles things about this company. They are a lot of consumers out there really mad about Maaco what they did to their cars. I think this franchise has no experience about painting a vehicle. you can buy a franchise I mean if you have $75,000 you can be a part of a franchise. On their website it says And if you are worried about not having automotive experience, that is not a problem at all. Maaco is a retail oriented franchise business with successful owners from many walks of life thats on their website. So if I have the money and bought a franchise Maaco and I have no automotive experience you have no right to touch any consumers vehicles.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

382 of 519 Maaco reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
Objectionablyreasonable

Jun 09, 2010 #152035

Unfortunatley its after the fact but MAACO is well known for painting over existing paint with little or no prep. Whole car paint jobs where they fix dents, rust and sand down to metal are $2000 grand minimum.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Maaco. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Maaco.
Filing a new complaint about
×