Alicia O Tto

| map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Failure at paint job

I've been dealing with the location out, Oklahoma City. With Kory Akinyele (GM) For over a month about my 2004 GMC Yukon. I took it to Macco at 8100 N. Rockwell Ave, OK, ok 73132. My paint job was trash, he agreed to redo my hood instead of fixing the whole car. Now a month later, I'm still waiting on my car. I don't my car to post pictures

User's recommendation: Don't trust Kory(GM)/Chrystal (Receptionist)

Josue V Tze

| map-marker Pensacola, Florida

1995 Yukon 2 Door

Updated by user May 12, 2024

They won’t release vehicle till full payment. Why should I pay for an incomplete paint job?

Paint has blister, and waves. They sanded parts, yet Failed to paint these parts.

No, Yukon will not return to MAACO. Prefer a Kindergardrn class paint it.

Original review May 10, 2024
Scheduled a paint and repair 30+ days ago. Delivered my Yukon on the 29th of April 2024. It's been 13 days, and it is not finished. The excuses given: Office manager had a mental breakdown, painter was out due to surgery. The best excuse was that the Yukon had paint reactions like swelling and wrinkling. This morning's excuse was the best. The part-time painter did not return from lunch. I asked this morning for an additional 25% discount. This is wrong; I'm tired of the excuses.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Yukon
Cons:
  • Freaking drama

Preferred solution: A refund for repair not performed.

User's recommendation: *** No, stay away

MAACO - 13 days to complete a spray job, and it’s not finished - Image 3
MAACO - 13 days to complete a spray job, and it’s not finished - Image 4
MAACO - 13 days to complete a spray job, and it’s not finished - Image 5
MAACO - 13 days to complete a spray job, and it’s not finished - Image 6
The office manager has problems. He can't manage jobs or personnel. The painter would not return after lunch, the office lady is not in, there are too many excuses.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

User's recommendation: Stay away

| map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

March, 2024

I went to Maaco for quote on having the cab (4 Door) only of my Truck painted. Main reason is due to the continuous sun burning that to the clear coat and paint, here in the southwest.

Initial quote was about $2500 and then the quote was $3100 to include the box which is now the whole truck being painted (less the cap covering the box). The quotation person pulled what I would call the stunt of: If I don't commit to the work the price would not be honored if I leave and come back.

I accepted the quote (which closing enough to what I was expecting to pay) and scheduled for March 18, 2024 8am drop off and the work was to be completed 3-5 days.

Day, 2024

I drop off the truck at 8AM and when I requested confirmation of the 3 to 5 days and I was told it would be 5 to 7 days. I received a call from Maaco near the end of the day claiming additional issues were found and they now want to 5-6 hours of labor. I said no.

Day 7, 2024 I receive a text that stated: Thanks for choosing us!

We hope you enjoyed your service. This indicates work is complete except I received no phone call indicating so.

I called and was told it's in sanding and not ready. When I questioned the text message, after a long silence, I was told no idea why I got that text.

Day 9, 2024 (5 to 7 days have come and gone)

I called to find out what is going and I am told there was a delay with the vehicle in front of mine (no I don't believe what I am being told). So when will it be ready and I am told Noon March 28, 2024.

I said I would be there at Noon.

Day 10, 2024

I get a call from Maaco telling me there is a slight delay and it won't be ready. Now it will be ready March 29, 2024 at Noon. I explain to the individual calling that we are well beyond slight delay. 7 days were up back on Tuesday at Noon.

I also informed this individual that if I was told this would be a 2 week process I would have scheduled differently. I also indicated I would not be able to be able to get there at Noon due to other commitment.

Day 11, 2023

I called at 3:15pm to verify my truck was ready and I was connected to a message system and was told I would get a call back. I called again at 3:30pm and was told my truck was in the oven. I said it was told yesterday it would be ready at Noon today.

I stated I would be there at 8am Saturday to pick it up.

Day 12, 2024

In the attempt to pick up my truck I as told it is not ready (I believe by the manager) and that I was supposed to have been called and told it would not be ready. I was informed that the ongoing delay was due to a paint problem (some new paint was being used) related to Sherman-Williams. I was shown my truck with the painting complete and was told it would be ready Monday at 10am. There has been no explanation as to why after a full week, it was finally being sanded on March 25th (the only collision work was for a few minor dents/dings).

There was also a comment about not being able to mask the windows between the rear cab window and the truck cap window. Clearly a lack of knowledge and experience, the window of the truck cap folds into the cap so both the rear window of the cab and window on the cap can be cleaned.

Day 14, 2024

Picked up my Truck today which is 15 calendar days and 10 business days (refer to times recorded in the March 18th entry earlier). Did a walk around look at the paint job and minor repairs that were addressed. After paying the balance, I questioned the warranty and has handed your warranty information card.

I was told 4 years while the receipt and initial discussion back on March 8th was 5 years. So was the incorrect paint used? Did I pay for the 5 year paint and the 4 year paint was applied?) After leaving there was a definite paint odor inside the cab. Looking around I could see paint dust everywhere.

I had to vacuum the entire interior and clean all the plastic/vinyl surfaces. I also discovered all of the masking was not removed from the rear window, cap window, satellite antenna on the roof, etc. Masking was also not very good as I had to clean paint off door handles, truck cap window (apparently they could not figure oot getting it masked), mirror and black fender flare. I called Maaco and was put on a brief hold and a hung up after 10+ minutes due to no response.

Not surprised that no one called back!

Day 16, 2024

Cleaned the Cab Rear Window and the adjacent window in the truck cap.

Both outer facing surface had to be scrapped with a razor blade to get the paint off. I also discovered today that over spray is on the sun screen for the windshield. This means that one or more windows and/or doors were open during the painting process.

The word frustration for this experience is an understatement. Probably better described as a living nightmare.

Based on the length of time my truck was in Maaco's possession, I should be raving about what a fantastic, highly detailed job that was completed.

Day 20, 2024

I contact Corporate through email and have had no response. This is the new customer service is the 21st Century.

User's recommendation: Find a different Shop

Resolved
Thomas B Ldo

Resolved: Parts ordered by maaco

Parts ordered by maaco
Parts ordered by maaco - Image 2
Updated by user May 19, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. It took them almost a month, to get two mouldings I was told by two different dealerships I could get in 3 to 5 days Also prices I was charged by Maaco were one moulding was 180 other one 220, they were matching mouldings!!!

Original review Apr 19, 2024
I picked up my car April 21 from maaco knoxville. They did not have roof mouldings, the order that came in were incorrect mouldings. Said they would have correct mouldings in a week. Since then they will not answer emails, and say they cannot issue refunds even though I paid for mouldings and installation. I priced mouldings in area and was told I could have them in 4 days. I can email you paperwork if you give me email!!
Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don't pay for parts and then accept delivery without them

Cassandra C Rar

| map-marker Morrow, Georgia

Morrow GA Branch - Assaulted by Worker's Husband

I took my car in for repair, and it was not done correctly. I had to argue with the staff to get the part they did not fix done free of charge as they wanted to charge me $390 to fix a scratch, even though the sign on the wall says a scratch is $179 to fix.

After they fixed that, I noticed that the side marker light that was replaced did not work, so I called and scheduled to bring it back. I got a call from Sanna saying that the bulb they replaced was working properly and that they would not replace the front bulb unless I pay. I tried to explain to her that it's only one bulb in the light that was replaced and she said that there are multiple bulbs and they are not replacing anything else and to come get my car. I'm super frustrated at this point and asked for a manager when I arrived.

Sanna stated she was the manager so I showed her the light that was replaced and showed her that there is only one bulb in it. She showed me a blown bulb and said that was what was replaced and that is all they were going to do. I asked her to show me on my car what bulb she is speaking of because I think we are speaking of two different things. She couldn't.

At this point I am angry as she is basically giving me no assistance. This guy then walks up on my sister and me as if he is challenging us to a fight and he states that Sanna is his wife and nobody is going to bother her. My sister tells him that everything is okay but he proceeded to stand there with his fist balled up. Sanna then tells him to go away, he does, but proceeds to shout at us from his car.

My sister asked him to please chill out as nobody is going to do anything to her. He then asked my sister if I was her wife - insinuating that my sister and I are gay. Two of the other ladies who work there came and assisted as Sanna walked away with her husband stating she was going to lunch. The other lady finally saw that they were wrong and the light that they replaced was not working.

This was the worst and most unprofessional experience I have ever had!!!

And to have a worker's husband walk up on me as if he was going to fight me was unreal!!! NEVER EVER will I spend my hard-earned money with MAACO again!!!

Pros:
  • Non
Cons:
  • Unprofessional customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH MAACO IN MORROW GA

Guest

You better watch throwing the word assault around when it doesn’t apply.

Cassandra C Rar
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2528611

Clearly this is you Sanna or your husband. A threat or an ATTEMPT to inflict harm is also an assault and he threaten my sister and I with his fist balled up and got in our face and we feared for our safety!!!

Please look up a word before making an ignorant response. For your education here is the definition: Assault: the crime or tort of threatening or attempting to inflict immediate offensive physical contact or bodily harm that one has the present ability to inflict and that puts the victim in fear of such harm or contact compare battery.

2. : the crime of assault accompanied by battery.

reply icon Replying to comment of Cassandra C Rar

What an idiot. This is 3rd party complaint site for fools like you who aren't smart enough to know this isn't some kind of corporate site that monitors nonsense. If you're going to file a complaint, make sure you're on the correct site.

San C Fdx
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2529029

LMAO!! You are sooooo stupid!!!!!!

I have worked in corporate America for over 30 years so that was the 1st place I sent my complaint you dummy!!! I'll be sure to let Driven Brands know how you are continuing to harass me with your stupid comments!!! Keep commenting ang hiding behind that guest profile - and just so you know I work in IT so I have retrieved the IP address that you are commenting from and will be sure to forward that to Driven Brands as well!!

Keep you dumb comments coming dummy!!! LMAO!!!!!

View more comments (3)
Sandra S Hhx

Potential lawsuit against Store 12082 and owner Michael Byers

MAACO - Potential lawsuit against Store 12082 and owner Michael Byers

Owner took State Farm check for initial estimate and our $500 payment as well as an additional supplemental payment and never determined in the frame on the truck was bent and the truck totaled. We told them when it was dropped off we thought the frame was bent.

As it turns out the frame was in fact bent and the bed of the truck is crooked and the cab tilts backwards. As for the work they did - they left raw metal showing and the bumper is crooked from left to right and sits tighter on the truck from one side to the other. The logo where the backup camera is located is unsecured and twists around. We are told there are actual paint brush marks indicating a paint brush was used on parts of the paint job.

We have had an extremely hard time getting any other shop to even look at the truck due to the bad work done by shop 12082. The paint is already cracking and it has not yet been a year. The most important point I want to make is that this work should never have been done. Store 12082 was told when the truck was dropped off that we thought the frame was bent.

They proceeded to do work without determining if the frame was bent. They submitted a supplemental claim for additional work without addressing the frame issue. The frame is bent and crimped and the bed is crooked and the cab is tilted. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS for my husband to be driving around in.

Serious negligence on the part of Maaco to proceed to fix cosmetic damage without assessing the frame. When my husband said that the bumper was the wrong bumper due to how horrible it looked on the truck he was told by a shop worked "well, we couldn't get it on straight because the frame is bent". My husband also had to replace rotors twice due to the frame issues. Charged to straighten brackets and they were not straightened.

Now being told the Truck is totaled so the work should never have been done. Insurance will mostly likely deduct the amount paid to Maaco from the amount they paid us to replace the truck. Work done on a truck that should have been totaled from the start.

And work that was not done well. They owe us our money back so we can get a replacement truck.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Worked on truck before determining if it was totaled

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid this shop at all costs!

Guest

I was reading your story which Maaco is this? I have the same issue however, they dented my truck did no metallic and mirrors and underbelly skid plate was to be left black....didn't finish paint job and overspray everywhere!!

Owner will not contact me, even went through pissed customer. Hope it works out for you!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2509274

Springfield Missouri

View more comments (1)
Jerry G Vcz

| map-marker Houston, Texas

Treat unfairly

I had my infinity painting Macco three months ago for 2300,and it took a month. It was poorly done so I complained To corporate and they called Macco in Houston on airline. They told me to bring back an they would make things right. But now they have had my truck over a month since last year and they still got and not finished with. They keep giving me excuses, saying the people not coming to work, so the job is not done. I pay 600 a month note 200 Insurance, I have to pay people or Uber to get to work.And it seems like they dont care they still got their job.
Loss:
Pros:
  • People seemed nice
Cons:
  • Did not deliver my truck as promised

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don’t take your vehicle to macco on airline poor service and poor management and make sure you have another vehicle

Jennifer B Les
map-marker Lancaster, Texas

Separ Work and even worse customer service if that’s possible

I took my vehicle to make up for repair work for a car accident. The other insurance company had to pay for the damages.

No problem they estimated repair should be done in six days not only was not done in six days, but it took four months and I had to keep contacting them Regarding the status of my vehicle when I finally got my vehicle back, it was not ready. I was left with a rental fee because insurance will not cover longer than the time a lot and the work was even completed properly. I had to rep that there was a piece missing From my windshield and also research where to get it from in the name of it was in December. I took my vehicle back at that time instead of waiting because I had no means of transportation.

I am still waiting for that part and they ordered it off of Amazon , Ive had so many problems with my vehicle receipt of work that I would do better just getting a brand new vehicle. I have reached out to corporate office and left a voicemail because no one has answered.

I will never ever do business again. Furthermore, I plan to escalate my issue .

Loss:
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Poor workmanship
  • Horrible customer service experience
  • Lack of knowledge

Preferred solution: I would like to get my vehicle repaired at the dealership at the cost of maaco so that I know that the work will be done properly

User's recommendation: Definitely not

Resolved
Jim U Qiu

| map-marker Stockton, California

Resolved: Bad paint job

I had my car painted by Macco paint in Medesto ca at the store on Kansas ave they need to repaint it because they had problems with the paint job they have had my car for a month and now they said it would be another week before its done due to lack of help and they need a special person to paint it Im going to file a complaint with better business bureau because no is doing anything about this
Billy L Ptc

| map-marker Fort Worth, Texas

Very unprofessional they received my car in took a down payment set it out in the rain for four months, and then told me I needed to come and pick it up because they was Under new management

Management unprofessional no one knew what they was talking about. when I received my car back, it was in worse shape than when I took it in

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Take pictures and make sure you get everything in writing

Jim U Qiu

| map-marker Stockton, California

Get a solution to the problems

I was able to speak to the owner of the business and he was able to give me a good response to the situation and hopefully will be able to continue a good relationship his name is Tony at Medesto ca and he was very responsive

User's recommendation: To communicate with the owner of the shop and express your concerns to get a satisfactory answer to the situation

Nicole B Rwe

| map-marker Tucson, Arizona

Bad quality. Horrible customer service

Left my car for 30 days thinking the paint was going to be really nice. Platinum package after all sounded so promising. Was told I should I have paid more for perfect if that was what I wanted and was accused of doing these scratches myself. Why would someone do that? Brian said he would buff and I would have to sign off or something like that. This location doesnt care about customers
Loss:
Pros:
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • Rude obnoxious manager

Shawn A Nsz

| map-marker Conyers, Georgia

Complaint on a extreme negative quality experience

As a fellow business owner, I know that I would aim to provide the absolute best service possible and I believe you all thrive to do the same!

I have receipts for payments to my local MAACO shop & I would love to further discuss how poorly I was treated as a customer by Charlesfrom threatening me, bootlegging the work I paid too-notch for, initially saying my fee was $900 then 1100 then 1999 then 2300 and right before Christmas, to outright accusing me of degenerate behavior with no proof (stealing his wallet), to stealing from me. I am a supervisor at one of the top well known Fortune 500 companies in the USand Im appalled!

Im married with 5 children (1 newborn) and to be poorly treated by such a reputable company is just insulting to say the least.

I look forward to hearing from someone asap and knowing how this issue can be resolved as well as a further resolution so that future customers do not have the same experience.

Mr. Padgett

Loss:
Cons:
  • Bootleg work
  • Theft
  • Horrible customer service experience

Preferred solution: Full refund and Charles reprimanded appropriately.

User's recommendation: Keep driving/shopping

Mike M Gfh
map-marker Ventura, California

Poor results

WasThey used wrong prep material to start, creating more problems,,blue spots ,measel effect ,,over entire trk,, 4th time they got rid of spots,,,my whole tailgate now feels and looks like 50 grit sand paper,,,a 1foot 2 tone stripe at bottom,now has overspray to the window line...that part had been perfect until I returned for 4th time,,,
Loss:
Cons:
  • Not standing behind their work

User's recommendation: Do not believe them when they tell you they want you to be happy

Brystal Wqm

RUDE!

Took my 2020 Jeep compass in for body repair in (Petersburg Va) they had Jeep for 7 days first go around was not right gave it back to me and took it back in two week for them to get good right.. Im very unsatisfied with the job..And do not appreciate being yelled at by the manager. And they also need to learn how to communicate with each other so they know what to tell their customers NONE OF MY CARS WILL EVER GO THERE AGAIN.

Brands Related to MAACO

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article