Vindictive Owner at Morrissey Blvd. Dorchester, MA Maaco
We purchased a bumper for our car.Macco was to paint it.
They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick it up there was what appeared to be a box cutter type knife scratch in the bumper. Very visible and about 1/4" long. They offered to buff it out and install the bumper for free.
This was Mike and Jeremy (not the owners). The next time we went to pick up the car we found that they had installed the bumper, damaged both fenders (apparently with a hammer and chisel), and put five other scratches in the bumper. This time all five scratches were SEVERE and through the paint. Photos on the website.
The owner met us this time and did nothing but complain about us getting a free installation. He also claimed that he was going to charge us $65/day for storing the bumper.
We believe this piece of garbage, vindictive *** purposely took a long metal device (like a screwdriver) and slammed the bumper to make the worst damage (there are two chips that are over 1/2" in length, through the paint, and it a straight line).This Maaco location needs to be shut down with a criminal owner like this.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Getting ripped off by the thief manager
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Cash Settlement based on quote from Toyota to repair the damage
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Maaco Maacover Auto Painting
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "Sent measurements per their specifications. The jeans I got were 1/2" to 3" off in many areas. Multiple emails to them regarding the problem get boilerplate responses or "We didn't..."
- "I was reviewing my charge history for the past year as I was doing my taxes. I found that I had been charged twice a month for Netflix. ..."
- "The company had an exhibit at the Topsfield Fair. They seemed legit. The sales people are slick. After install, I got a call to solicit the waterproofing install..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."