Vindictive Owner at Morrissey Blvd. Dorchester, MA Maaco
We purchased a bumper for our car.Macco was to paint it.
They charged us $15 extra for buying our own parts. When we went to pick it up there was what appeared to be a box cutter type knife scratch in the bumper. Very visible and about 1/4" long. They offered to buff it out and install the bumper for free.
This was Mike and Jeremy (not the owners). The next time we went to pick up the car we found that they had installed the bumper, damaged both fenders (apparently with a hammer and chisel), and put five other scratches in the bumper. This time all five scratches were SEVERE and through the paint. Photos on the website.
The owner met us this time and did nothing but complain about us getting a free installation. He also claimed that he was going to charge us $65/day for storing the bumper.
We believe this piece of garbage, vindictive *** purposely took a long metal device (like a screwdriver) and slammed the bumper to make the worst damage (there are two chips that are over 1/2" in length, through the paint, and it a straight line).This Maaco location needs to be shut down with a criminal owner like this.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Getting ripped off by the thief manager
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Cash Settlement based on quote from Toyota to repair the damage
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Maaco Maacover Auto Painting
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "My generator’s engine self destructed in less than one day’s operation on a light load.I took it to a B&S dealer for warrantee repair and after a cursory inspection was..."
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "I had 4 new tires installed on my Acura MDX Sport at Tire Kingdom in Lake Park, FL. My vehicle is only 2 years old and has a special..."
- "I was reviewing my charge history for the past year as I was doing my taxes. I found that I had been charged twice a month for Netflix. ..."
- "I ordered 3 boneless buffalo combos on Wednesday, 3/2/16. My daughters and I sat down to eat and after eating about 3 or 4 wings we discovered that the chicken..."
- "I ordered a dress from the Reborn collection and it took over 3 weeks to get it. It looked really cute upon first inspection, then I noticed what I thought..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."
- "No, I would not order ANY pillow made with memory foam. Cut up memory foam won't be any better than intact memory foam and PROBABLY A WHOLE LOT WORSE. The..."